On the way to Rio: Pamela Ware

On the way to Rio: Pamela Ware


Pamela Ware is part of the group known as FAB IV, the new leaders of the Canadian diving team. We discussed with her the time of a photo shoot.

Events: springboard of 3 meters synchro (August 7th) and springboard of 3 meters (August 12th)

Your beginnings: "It is while taking up a challenge launched by my father that I made my first somersault. That's when I got noticed by the municipal pool team. I was encouraged to go for diving lessons. "

What turns you on: "Adrenaline! This is what I prefer in my discipline. I love the heights. Besides, I dream of jumping into bungy! "

has become a dream? When I started competing internationally and winning medals, I was told that I had the potential to go to the Olympics.

In 2012 I came 4th at the London World Cup, a qualifying competition for the Olympics. That's when I realized that the Olympics might be possible for me.

Who was the idol of your youth? Younger, Roseline Filion was my idol! It's funny, because now we're on the same team. But she inspired me because she always worked hard.

And now, who is your greatest inspiration? I am inspired a little by each person with whom I train and against whom I dive in competition. Each person can inspire me in his own way.

Your greatest pride? My silver medal with Jennifer Abel at the Kazan World Championships in 2015. That's when we secured a place for Canada at the Rio Olympics and that I knew I would be on team!

What does Rio represent for you? Rio will be my first Olympic Games, so it's the fulfillment of a dream and many years of work.

Your personal goal for Rio: Get on the podium.

Your biggest challenge: Succeeding my five individual dives. If I succeed, I know I can be in the top-6.

On the way to Rio: Pamela Ware On the way to Rio: Pamela Ware Reviewed by nina on March 07, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.